Thursday 17 March 2011

getting started

It seems like I have been thinking about this for ages. Starting a blog that is. I have procrastinated for at least 6 months. Who would read it? What will it be about? Why do a blog? Am I just showing off to a wider world that doesn't really care? Will anyone ever read it? Does it matter if they do? In the end I have no answers to any of these questions, just a need to write. I have been writing for as long as I remember, mostly spirirtual journaling and always for myself. I rarely show people what I write because I write to clarify my thoughts, to get a handle on what I am thinking and feeling, the direction my life is taking in all it's mundane complexity. Not the kind of thing I am likely to publish on 'tinternet.

So what will I write.

Well I don't know yet. On one level I want this blog to be a record of the things I do with my family and our friends; a record of our home education journey and my own journey in faith; a record of our acheivements and a celebration of who we are our impact on the world around us. Now I am not suggesting that we are world movers and shakers, far from it, but all of us impact the world around us through those we love and the choices we make, no matter how insignificant they may seem. All of us are journeying and, hopefully, growing. Hence the title of this blog. Growth in faith, growth in love, growth in experience, growth through challenge and just by spending time in good company.

On another level I want to explore my abiltiy to write, I guess to 'find my voice' as authors interviewed on radio 4 seem to describe it. I did  consider doing some kind of challenge and blogging about that (as in Julie and Julia), to give the whole thing some purpose and to help me keep up the discipline of posting regularly, but in the end I did not want a project that would dominate my thoughts, just quiet place that maybe a few friends would drop in on from time to time. Of course I have to learn how to use it and that may be challenge enough as this has taken an hour so far and I still don't know how to add a profile!!! As for pictures - maybe in another 6 months I will have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment