Friday 8 April 2011

A prayer

This is a prayer that God gave to me on a day of silence in 2004 when we were to contemplate the painting the prodigal son. Now I have been given a book to read which contemplates the same painting and it has brought this to mind. I have begun the process of putting a version together that can be sung. It maybe a long process as I haven't got the knowledge or skill to do this yet - but I'm working on it with the help of some very lovely freinds. Also given to me by God

Come to me all you who are thirsty
Come if you are poor, crippled, blind or dying.
Come of you are balck or whire, believer or no.
Come if you are doubled over with the weight of your troubles
Come when you sing for joy in the love of Yahweh
Come even if you have never come before
Come to me always, in every circumstance you find yourself
Come and share it with me

Come to me as you are; a child of God
Come and be healed, comforted, rejoiced over
Come and share with me; you are my beloved
Come to me and bring others with you, so that they also may drink
Come and show me who you are so that I may show you who I AM.
Above all come. For I am your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment